Pages

Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Sheldon: Jim Parsons Get a "Bang" from the Emmys


As Jim Parsons' second nomination for his work as Sheldon Cooper on The Big Bang Theory, he won the Emmy award for Outstanding Lead Actor in a Comedy Series at the 62nd Primetime Emmy Awards in Los Angeles finally. The first nominated was in 2009 but lost to Alec Baldwin.
Parsons beat out Larry David (Curb Your Enthusiasm), Matthew Morrison (Glee), Tony Shalhoub (Monk), Steve Carell (The Office) and Alec Baldwin (30 Rock) in the category.


“That was genuine shock,” Parsons said Monday from Los Angeles. “I had a funny moment of clarity when they went down the list of nominees where I thought, ‘It’s not going to happen. They’re not calling your name. You’re not going to have to go up there.’ So by the time he read the name out, I was absolutely floored.”

It was Parson’s second nomination for his role as the “Star Wars”-loving, Comic-Con worshipping theoretical physicist, but the honor of being nominated alongside such Emmy vets as Steve Carell of “The Office” and Alec Baldwin of “30 Rock” did not prepare the actor for the stunning experience of actually winning.

“All your life, you say things like, ‘Pinch me, I must be dreaming,’ but it really felt like that,” Parsons said, sounding like a kid on the best Christmas morning of his life. “Then I got a big hug from LL Cool J, then I was hugging (co-presenter) Eva Longoria, and then it was like, ‘Oh my God, this is really happening.’ I still don’t feel fully settled with this at all.”

That's so exciting to know our Sheldon can get this Emmy award. I believe that all the Big Bang fans enjoy the wonderful performance and humorous dialogue very much. The Big Bang Theory will be showed on Thursday, September 23rd 8:00/7c on CBS, it's traditional Mid Autumn Day in China.So let's waitting for it!

Award Ceremony Video

Read more » Sheldon: Jim Parsons Get a "Bang" from the Emmys

0 comments:

 

About Me

My Photo
Bruce
Love movie, love Music; Love new tech, love new life. Love all guys who support my first and center blog!
View my complete profile

Followers