Pages

Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Review of Blu-ray in 2010, my Top 10 List

Recently we can find most of webs are choosing the best high-tech in 2010, the best mobile phone in 2010, the best software in 2010 and so on. When I visit Blu-ray.com, a list attract me: The best Blu-ray in 2010. It chose some list from fans, and I chose some blu-ray discs to complete my best Blu-ray in 2010, and here I still sugget those guys who treat Blu-ray discs as own life to cooperate with Leawo Blu-ray Ripper, I heard this software was rated as top 1 in 2010:


Back to the Future: 25th Anniversary Trilogy
While the Alien Anthology nearly made my final cut, Universal's long-awaited Back to the Future box set doesn't disappoint. A masterful restoration, an exquisite AV presentation, a bounty of supplements, and a trio of indispensable classics. What's not to love?

Avatar: Extended Collector's Edition
A groundbreaking film made better with every minute added. Until we have a five hour extended cut, I say give me more.




Inception 
My favorite film of the year arrives on Blu-ray in slick style. Between Christopher Nolan's pulse-pounding, brain-bending masterpiece, Warner's magnificent AV presentation, the 2-disc set's revealing supplemental package and Amazon's perfect price point, it's one of the few must-own titles of 2010.

Lost: The Complete Collection
whichever oh-so-delicious poison suits your tastes. While some balked at the character-driven sixth act, I was entranced, engrossed and, ultimately, completely satisfied. The same could be said of the series' extraordinary Blu-ray releases, all of which are collected here in their entirety (and then some).

Saving Private Ryan.
As breathtaking and devastating in high definition as it was in theaters, the Blu-ray edition of Saving Private Ryan gives cinephiles everything they could want from one of the greatest war films of all time. Well, almost everything. HD extras would have been appreciated, but who's complaining?

Scott Pilgrim vs. The World
To be honest, I'm a bit of a comedy snob, and it takes something special to get me laughing. But Edgar Wright's rapidfire ode to videogames spoke my language, delivered the veritable goods, and dazzled on Blu-ray while doing it.

Se7en
While 2010 was home to a number of excellent, meticulously remastered catalog releases, old and young, David Fincher's twisted genre pic eviscerates all but a nimble few. Warner's Blu-ray release is just as memorable as the film itself, and was one of only four titles I never considered dropping from my list.
Iron Man 2
Few sequels hold up as well against the original as Iron Man 2, and fewer still look and sound this fantastic on Blu-ray. Paramount's release is one of the best for both the near faultless technical presentation and the undeniable fun factor of the movie. A complete Blu-ray release and a prime example of how to do a major summer blockbuster absolutely right in high definition.

Toy Story 3
In a year of outstanding animated releases (Beauty and the Beast, the little-known The Secret of Kells and How to Train Your Dragon, among others), Toy Story 3 soars above the rest. I'd sing more pointed praises, but I don't want to risk tearing up yet again.



Where the Wild Things Are
Divisive, challenging and, frankly, frightening enough to disturb many a wide-eyed tot, Spike Jonze's Where the Wild Things Are is a haunting, evocative and poignant family film that never panders to its target audience. The sights and sounds of Warner's Blu-ray release are just as hypnotic, and warrant just as much attention.
Read more » Review of Blu-ray in 2010, my Top 10 List

0 comments:

 

About Me

My Photo
Bruce
Love movie, love Music; Love new tech, love new life. Love all guys who support my first and center blog!
View my complete profile

Followers